Tuesday, April 23, 2013

God is crazy.

An interesting day today.
A handful of things went wrong and a handful of things went right.

Upturn:
Snowdrops Therapy




My first spring bloom sighting. Usually it's crocuses, but this year it's Snowdrops sighted next to a parking place at my therapist's office. It was a nice reminder of God's love. Pure, pretty, hopeful. I could think of no ulterior motive for God to put them there other than love or greetings. Thank you, God.

Downturn:
But seconds later in therapy I threw away that gratitude faster than a Great-Aunt's money-less birthday card. I ranted, complained, and fussed over stuff.
You know, therapy.

Upturn:
Right after leaving therapy I spontaneously feel like going (unknowingly) to the same place where two friends are meeting. I'm still upset, so they pray for me and encourage me. Among other things, they give me permission to let go of some of the tangled fear, and pare down unneeded obligations.

Downturn:
I cannot resist retail therapy; I blow a wad of my allowance on a beautiful metal raised filigree rollerball pen from the nearby Nittany Quill stationary and gift store.

Upturn:
I love my incredible pen!
I call a friend and tell her I can't give her drawing lessons anymore because I've discovered I get very anxious even teaching informally. She thanks me, sincerely, for telling her the truth.
Ha ha, now that I think about it, maybe the lessons stressed her out too!
But the relief is palpable, I can breathe, envision peace.


If I cut out all the blather in the middle, I can say Snowdrops = Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment